Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nana graduates!

So, B's mom graduated with her degree in Health Information Technology. She's worked so hard for four years now, I believe, and it made my heart leap for joy to see her finish. I think I was just as weepy as she was. Hmmm, hormones? I'm not sure. I know it was partly becuase I remember Patty making huge leaps for Theresa to make it to school. She believed in her sister so much, I know she was with us that night. So, a mix of all of that, and the fact that oh ya-- we flew into our native state, happenin' Ohio, at 5am? I had no sleep-hence, no pictures of me... And, we were running on straight adrenoline. I am visiting fam back here for a while, so expect more pics before I leave. To see someone work so hard and finally attain something, even if it's something as little as a certificate, or as big as a degree, isn't that something to rejoice in?
On a more spiritual note, I wonder if that's what the eternal life will be-- one big graduation day when we all get our assigned degrees, and our families will be there rooting for us. Not just our earthly family but ancestors past and future and the big man up top. His whole mission was to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Eternal life... now that's a good thing. Eternal families? Even better! Happiness Neverending, now there's a trio of something I'm interested in. And it doesn't come without sacrifice. There's a hymn that comes to mind that says, ''Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.." No matter what we're sacrificing for, the reward is immeasurably sweet to our hearts. So, in this time of great trials for many of us, let's try to rejoice in the sacrifices because they will usher in the blessings from our Heavenly Father. I know it!
GOOOOO ETERNAL PERPSECTIVE! *Corny and super geeky, I acknowledge*


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please relay a big "Congrats" to B's mom for us!!! That really is hard - it's almost easy when you're a young, single, college-type student, but once "real life" gets going, it's SUCH a miracle to be able to do that! Yay!!! :-)