Saturday, July 5, 2008

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!

I was at the store the other day - surprising, I know - and was looking for a new home warming gift for myself. I thought it appropriate for a patriotic plaque or something. All I could find was patriotic looking things without a patriotic message. I was really upset. These decorations were the cutest things, but had pointless messages; welcome home, home sweet home.
What ever happened to God Bless America! America, the Land of the Free! or something like that? What the hay? Needless to say, I think I'm going to make a few signs of my own for the next big 4th of July. Maybe a big billboard in my yard that reads, "God Bless America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave." Then, while I'm at it, I'll send all those people who can't stand America's 'work hard ethics' and just want everything handed to them, to like Guatemala or something: take the people who WANT to be here to be free, and switch them out.
War is war. It's never been pretty. From the beginning of time, with Cain and Able--it's not like God was all-forgiving and just said, "whoops. well, try harder with your other brothers not to kill them, okay?" Book of Mormon wars, Biblical warfare - always stomach turning. We're in war right now, and the most important thing is to keep supporting the people sacrificing out there, and do what we can here to maintain a safe and free country. Not turn the other way because it's an uncomfortable topic, and we dont want to (for goodness sakes) offend anyone! God gave us life, liberty, and has offered us eternal life. It is our responsibility - as with all blessings where much is given much is required - to live righteously and just like the primary song Book of Mormon stories says we'll be, "Given this land, if we live Righteously."
For Heavens sakes, when did people become ashamed to live in America, to say the Pledge of Allegience, and give tribute to Him- who has given us everything we own or could ever have! The most embarassing thing America has to show is the extreme LACK of pride for the country we live in- and I think too much pride from where they CAME from.
There's a song - I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died to give that right to me, and I gladly stand UP next to you and defend her still today, for there aint no doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA!

4 comments:

Kirk said...

Well said! You could always get one of the "unsaid" signs and paint your own message onto it - might save some hassle. :)
MOM

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm all for making your own displays! ;-) They even have those vinyl letters now...

I don't think I'd inflict the slackers on poor Guatemala, LOL - maybe like, Antarctica, where if they don't work hard & smart, they'll freeze. ;-)

And yes, the anti-USA groups are gaining increasing sway in the public arena. It's our job to pipe up - good job!!! :-)

Laura said...

Were you having a pre-go moment? Even if is your are right!!!

The Arizona Richters said...

not actually a prego moment... something that's erked me for years and years, but especially trying to raise kids with this lack of country unity, it makes me realize what an awe-some job I have as a parent to teach them the 'correct' way to be, as I think it...