Friday, July 25, 2008

10 weeks and counting....

So, I'm about 10 weeks away from bringing baby Gabriel home from the hospital. It will be so exciting, and nerve wrecking all at the same time. The girls are practicing 'having babies' as we speak - popping them out of their shirts. If only it worked just like that. We're watching A Baby Story once in a while, so they won't be afraid of the hospital environment, or for Eva - a new baby look and a tired mommy. Chloe might remember what it was like - she says she does - but Eva is going to have a hard time. She's been my ''baby'' for almost 3 years. *sigh* Chloe's been helping me - really trying - when we have little toddlers over for a while. She finds all they do so amazing and funny. It's good to see enthusiasm for messes and dirty diapers!
I'm trying to get prepared to have everything hit the fan in October - the baby, Eva's birthday and Halloween. I'm so grateful that we moved before October to town. Our lease was originally up the 1st of October. Yikes! I've been freezing chopped meats and stuff to just dump and cook with some sauce and noodles after the baby. We've still got about 70 boxes of Mac and Cheese, plenty of Peanut butter and I've been canning Jelly like it's my JOB! The kids will be in heaven- Plum Jam, apple Jam, Plum-Apple Jam, and I'm going peach-pickin tomorrow. I've been slowly adding to our baby Gabriel wardrobe when I visit Bullhead - where the nearest Target is. I absolutely looove that store! I've decided to do a Precious Moments theme for his nursery. If anyone sees a bumper, mobile or something the like I'd appreciate a comment, for sure! I've got a nice blanket, but I just want a few more little Precious Moments things (not too crazy like night lights, switch plates and everything full fledge Precious Moments).
I've been offered a baby shower, but I just feel like that is too much for us. I know it's a different gender baby and all, but I guess I'd rather just be in the low light on this one. I've been given some really super cute stuff already, and I truly feel Gabriel will have plenty to wear, play with and enjoy.
The Lord has provided everything for us already. I haven't been able to look at this pregnancy at all without seeing what he has helped me through, and done for us as a family. I have a strong testimony in the youth of these Latter-Days. They are truly chosen spirits for this 'latter-day dispensation'.. and have a great work ahead of them to do. They will see the world become the worst it has ever been, and will ever be - at the same time God's work is at its peak. What a marvelous thing! I feel overwhelmed at the responsibility of being their primary nurturer for the most critical years of their lives, but blessed for being given that sacred opportunity. I am grateful to have the opportunity to already have two wonderful spirits in our house - they give us the greatest joy B and I could ever experience. The Lord knows who we are, each of us - has a plan for each of us, and wants us to feel his love in so many ways. Regardless of where we are in life, we are all important in his eyes- and never alone. We are a part of the chosen generation- let's give it all we got!

1 comment: