Monday, April 20, 2009

We've ARRIVED!

OOOOOOF! What a weekend! We pulled into our home around 10pm tonight! I've unloaded the car, cleaned out the fridge- as much as I dare to tonight (eeeek!), bathed, brushed, and fed the girls, and am now going to bath and bed myself!! 2,000 is a looooong drive in case you wondered.
I'd love to tell you the wonderful incidents that occured along the way, but I've not completely gotten over them enough to blog them..... It just seemed that something was against us the whole trip! Things went well enough, but wow! -- when we really tried to do officially anything, everything happened. I'll gather my thoughts clearly at a later time, I think.
It was a wonderful thing to hear the kids say how happy they were to be back here with the infamous ''merdaid bed'', and other things. We are so blessed. I'm glad to be living in a home that's already put together, no assembly required. lol....
We missed church today and I know I'll feel the stress mounting incredibly quicker this week. Always seems to happen like that. Bummer. Brian took a hit again with school because of the intense work and driving and things he's been involved with the last week. I feel for him. I hope he'll get over these last few weeks quickly. Goodnight/Goodmorning! I'm going to r.e.l.a.x.!! (really???)

4 comments:

Ann said...

so glad to hear you're safe! Love ya!

Laura said...

Happy that you got home safe, Give me a call. You should have hung out just a little longer. It is going to be sunny and 77 this weekend for 3 whole days!!1

Unknown said...

Glad you got home safe & sound!!! :-) *hugs* around!

Unknown said...

It's been a rough time in OH. I know you worked REALLY hard. And yes, the trip back was SOOOOO long with kids and detours.