Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a week!

After church, Dec 7th - Little G is two months. My dad came out for his blessing! (Thanks, again Dad) Outdoor pictures were a no because it was sooo cold that day, and very gloomy. I think it was raining that whole night. Brrrr.
The girls gave Grandpa some great looks while he was here! This is Chloe's christmas dress for this year. Eva doesn't really have one this year... unless I missed something. I think I'm losing my mind these days sometimes.
Four generations of righeous men! Four stripling warriors in the fight for truth and righteousness! My grandpop, My hubby holding Little G, and my dad. What great guys! WOW!
A pic of B and dad with little G. He was not very happy for some of these pics. So it goes infant life though...
Relief Society Dinner---
My life has been whirly swirly for the last few weeks and is for the moment at a pause. I successfully (due to much help) held the RS Christmas dinner and boy, it was fun! Lots of work, stress, and calling but I think everyone had a great time, there were some leftovers and it was great for my first hosted event. Our theme was Come Unto Christ, and I had people bring in their nativities to similate the nativity rooms some stakes put on, hoping to bring Christ into the room a little more. We had 16 songs- 13 were special musical numbers, and about 23 scripture readings. My favorite song was truly Michael Mcleans song, I Was Not His Father He was Mine, sung by a man who to me, closely resembles my father in countenance. Both very warm mannered, great with kids, and so full of compassion for others it just eeks from their beings. It gave me chills to hear, and I wished I could've stayed in that moment for a long long time. I think it is because I feel so much that the children in my home, esp. Little G has some incredible tasks to complete in these Latter-Days. I feel so much like a guardian for him--more so than a mom/buddy. I hope I make the big guy up there proud, and I pray that I can have the strength to be the teacher for little G that he needs.

Little G Update---
On that note- The day before the dinner, Little G was diagnosed with staph. Long story, lots of stress was added to my shoulders and I felt like the worst mom in the world--who lets their kid get staph at 2 months? Who lets their kid get staph, period? Never google a medical condition unless you're ready to see lots of really scary pictures and hear lots of uncomforting advice. Ended up calling mom in tears looking for some kind of comfort... felt a little better. End of story is that we caught it pretty early, and he's cleared up and is finishing up his antibiotics soon. One brownie point for doctors and western medicine this time. I think we're even now. ;0)

Dads visit to the desert---
Then, it was getting my house back in working order for the arrival of my dad two days later. We took him to the Hullapai mountains, the infamous Wal Mart, and out to my gpop's house where we got the great 4 generations shot. He even got to see how joy school works... at least my attempt at holding joy school with a screaming infant and kids that would rather be playing than following any type of routine. My favorite thing my dad does is read. He's always reading to the grandkids when they let him, and he seems to get their attention like I wish I could. Pure interest. He read some Christmas tales to the girls and I think at times I was more into the story when they were, because it was so much of my childhood I think. He would always read to us, and he reads to the girls a lot, too. I can't wait until my kids are old enough for the Just So Stories. My dad read those to me and to me, that was what made those longer stories fun and bearable. I appreciate my dad and the contribution he has put toward my own ideal family outline. Eva just watched a short video I took of grandpa reading The 12 days of Christmas and she was saying it along with him where she could. She really misses him, but I have had to tell her that Grandma shared him with us- and she wants him back too. Thanks Grandma for sharing! I hope he felt like we took good care of him. And thanks Grandpa for being in CONTROL and helping us avoid the KAOS. hahaha.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ann said...

It's fun that you got those special pictures! :) Those will be treasured by your family, I'm sure.