Friday, November 28, 2008

Pick a Little, Talk a Little,

So "here's the pick a lot, talk a little more!" part.
we had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. The missionaries ended up calling and needing a place to eat at, and I love having sister missionaries. We had plenty of food. We started the day with Macy's parade, onion tears, and a lot of sugary muchies! I had everything planned, and it worked out on time great...except for the turkey. It was kind of a mess. The turkey timer popped before it was done...I'd put too much chicken stock in the pan, not basted it enough, and cooked it at a too high temperature at first drying the top. The popper area wasn't even cooked either.... hmm. I think next time I'll stick to the time idea, not the turkey popper. Most of the turkey cooked though and we were all alright. However, the leftovers were scanty because I was just a little hesitant. The sweet potato pie was great and the first thing Chloe and I dug into. The jello was good, the green bean casserole was a little mushy because I'd been hasty and cooked it the night before. And the apple pie tasted a little fermented. Tossed it. We finished the leftovers tonight of everything but one plastic baggie of turkey. Definitely less than last year, but overall still cheaper than eating out for 6. I felt bad that our little G couldn't taste anything. He slept through the whole thing after being fussy all morning and afternon. After dinner we played thanksgiving Bingo, phoned family, and got the kids tucked in around 10.

And todays plan? The Christmas decorations. What did we get done? The tree. Half of the tree. But, I cannot complain because we were in Bullhead, a warmer region, buying something I've wanted for... I think at least 8 years! *drumroll* ..... A KITCHENAID MIXER!
Ok. I'm very spoiled by my hubby. spoiled rotten, maybe -but, I love it! I told him this morning in a joking way, "I want to be treated like a goddess today!" And he said, "You got it!" What a sweetheart. From the time he woke up to the time he fell asleep with little G on the couch recliner, he was helping me and pampering me. What a day! I had only mentioned this morning right when I'd woken up, "Maybe I could get an early only Christmas present? Well, never mind. It's really..... nevermind. And you know what? He said, "What...do you want a mixer?" So, we got it! I'll have pictures soon. I'm just too tired right now. I feel so loved! Chloe and Eva said, "That's like the machine Ms. Laura had." I am so excited. This thing is better than a Kirby vaccum. It even has an attachment that can grind grain, one that can strain and blend up apples and other soft fruits for baby food, and soooo much more. I know this is a standard in so many homes, but I've finally got my kitchen gadget!! woooohooo!!
now for Brians gift... he's already gotten what I was going to get him, so I'll have to do some serious thinking... there's always the backup, white shirt, tie and socks.. maybe even a new wallet? lol. (I think my dad had like 30 ties by the time we were 18, and lots of white shirts. He always seemed so appreciate though and would wear it the very next Sunday-which was good because my sisters and I would wait like hawks until we saw it on him. I love my daddy!)

What am I thankful for?
- the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the peace I have regardless of world crap going on
- my family, especially the addition of our little 'homie G'
- my husbands job b/c they're becoming rare out there!!
- sunshine and fall weather combined!
- friends to have a ''complaining'' session with, to help keep kids in line
- loving mom and dad
- blogs! to keep me from harassing people
- fleece
- sparkles
-the ability to touch, feel, and taste the 'things' of the seasons!

That's my ten I thought of off hand... off to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are too cute!!
Gabriel is adorable!
Sounds like you are having fun!
What have you been up to??