Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A trip to the hospital KRMC

Here our little G is with his IV in his hand, and his Rockstar binky... he had a fever around 102.5 in this pic. Stay tuned for updates with his cultures. The poor guy went through so much testing Mon morning when I took him in with 103 somethin' fever. They did urine, blood cultures, xrays and a lumbar puncture. I could hold him through most of it, but they made me stand outside for the xray and for the lumbar puncture I withdrew myself for fear of attacking someone who was causing my son pain... mothers growly bear instincts were there indeed. I was jumping around and pacing, pacing, pacing in the family room they had off the ER hallway trying to use some of my energy up before I just unleashed hades or broke down in a hysterical sob. I found it to be very helpful!
Here daddy is feeding the fussy baby who now, will not nurse at all (not good for me or our budget, but I'm still trying) He's just not satisfied as fast as he was with these little bottles. (dagnab-it) The girls came to visit me yesterday and B got off of work early for... safety precautions. I definitely did not need him in the Las Vegas hospital too, so I'm glad someone found the gases and fixed them right up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ann said...

Jessica,
We love you guys and have all been praying for you constantly. The girls have constantly had Gabe in their prayers, also. We can only imagine what you've been going through. We love you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.
Love,
Ann

Nichole Christensen said...

Aww Jessica! We will keep you all in our prayers. That pictures of Gabe just breaks my heart! Let us know if you need ANYTHING okay??

Michael, Rochelle, Paityn, Hunter, Briley, Wyler & ? Stucki said...

We cant believe that you went through that and were at church today. im glad that he is better and is back home.
the Stuckis