Friday, January 2, 2009

Where Have all the Dresses Gone?

The girls were sooo excited when we opened up a package from my mom the other night. It was just about bed time and I used it to bribe the girls to clean the room up. (win for me) The dresses were made just for them, and came with a white turtleneck to help keep my girls warm and toasty. And what did they do as soon as they emptied out the box and put the dresses on? Twirl, of course! You can see from Eva's face that this was not the first twirl-- she's getting a bit dizzy. Mom sewed these dresses much by hand (go, Mom- go, Mom) and it looks spectacularly perfect! They got some other fun goodies too. We've eaten, read, and played with all the fun stuff in it plenty of times since we've opened the box. Chloe's favorite thing is the dress and the Nutcracker story, and Eva's favorite thing is the dress and the bear books.
These dresses couldn't have come at a better time. I'd just spent an entire day in Las Vegas looking for a nice, simple long dress that wasn't ridiculously priced. I found a lot of shorter skirts, longer really fancy frilly skirts, and short sleeve dresses. This outfit is warm and flexible... Great pick, mom! Where does anyone go to find the nice dresses for their girls anymore? I can't say I'm going to sew them although I'm awfully tempted!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: