Friday, May 29, 2009

Reporting from Grand Canyon Railways....

The Christmas Carol train was very interesting and very cool to go to. It had several different cars, each having it's own theme, and we morphed our faces. B entered his email so I'm not sure when I'll get the pics posted. Everyone did one...except C. I know- should I be so disappointed every time? It seems like she just refuses to actually sit back and have a good time every once and a while. It's a hard thing for me to deal with. Someday I hope she opens up and sees the world for how fun it can be and have the time of her life. The 'cast' had carolers, snow machines, a blown up house (that apparently became a disaster with the rains they were having) and we got our picture taken by a lcd window so it looked like a Christmas day feast with snow outside. Amazing!! They showed a sneak peak of the move as a final 'fling thing' and we grabbed 3D glasses and took it all in. It looks amazing, but scary for the girls. They took off their glasses and snuggled close while Marley visited Scrooge. We took an extra step and toured the Grand Canyon- well a small part today. We went to the Yavapai Lookout. It was awesome. Could be better if I could tell dimension (I do have an eye appt coming soon) but I didn't have to look to hard to find highs and lows, etc. The kids were great all day! No meltdowns, and no disappearing acts. We ate at the buffet and there were no spilled drinks or food, or broken dishes. No poopy diapers and no wet pants! It was a great day all around. If only every day could hold such exciting and new adventures to escape to. I think I'm getting spoiled though. The weather was even beautiful... a little chilly. 68 and windy with spits of rain. Poor girls were in t-shirts and shorts (I even forced the cooler clothing because we've been in hot weather). I didn't imagine a day spent at 7000 or so feet. I'll post pics of that some time soon. I heard very little English actually. Interesting day, for sure! We'll have to go back to Williams in the winter for the Polar Express dealy that they put on for the kids.
One good day down, two to go! And that makes two more magnets for our souveniers spot on the fridge!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

we went there today too.....we loved it!

Ann said...

sounds very neat! :)