Thursday, May 28, 2009

This weekend holds...

Ok. So something cool has come up and I thought it was unique enough to post. There is a Christmas Carol movie coming out with Jim Carey....not that I'm a fan of his, but I think the experience will be quite memorable!
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

There's one good thing about Brian being laid off one day a week. Chloe has a birthday party to attend on Saturday and then Brian and I are going to a second chance prom. I have thought about this for a while. I didn't think anyone was like... really dressing or anything. I dunnno! The thoughts of a stay-at-home mom that doesn't really like dress up on my time 'off'. Well- I heard some people talking about their dresses and it's gotten my brain juices going. So, I scoured the city of Kingman for a modest, clean, not too dated Prom Dress, and found.....nothing! Nothing but my exauhstion! Eva went with me and it was fun to have just 'us' time.

Life otherwise is going well, a few surprises here and there, but nothing we can't handle, right!?! I'm just really grateful that we as a family are so blessed to have each other and to have the ability to create memories and raise such wonderful, colorful spirits! I just pay my tithing, serve wherever I can, try to remember to read at least 5 verses in the scriptures each day and whatever comes my way I know that I am up to the task. With Christ I can do ALL things! Brian is so smart and is so talented that I know he'll do good with whatever they give him.

I'm reading a book on how to support my husband by John Bytheway and I've discovered I'm a pretty critical person of my husband. So, last night I apologized to him for the criticism I give him, and then after a of course, ''manly-should I say" comment, I smacked him on the head with the book. *sigh* I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Kinda funny though. But really, I want him to know I love him and I know I could show it so much more. It's just difficult after a long day of correcting and directing children to let the hubby do things 'differently'. I'm a little- well a lot of a control freak at times. He's so patient with me, I know I can learn to be more uplifting and be a strength to our marriage more than a drain.

I've pretty much decided on Chloe's schooling curriculum for the fall. She's going to be homeschooled here and then we'll see half way through the year if she can move ahead on some subjects that I think ( and I know I'm biased) she's ahead of the majority of other kids her age. She's reading at a second grade level, spelling at a first, and doing math on a first grade level, albeit her money counting is giving her a run for her 'money'. She's learning the states, and capitals, and I'm kinda running out of the 'same old' stuff that I know. The kindergarten is half day and I'm not feeling like it's that critical to her life to be at a school right now. She likes to be on her own. That's alright with me for right now. When we move, I might reconsider or if she gets into first grade and can move to second grade next year, then we'll see. She's bummed but I hope it will be a good experience.

Eva has found a website she's absolutely gagga over... www.starfall.com- Apparently it's no new thing, but it's freakin' awesome! It catches her attention, makes her feel good and gets the information to her in so many different ways. Chloe likes the website too so I had to post it.

Gabe is babbling and talking and teething and chowing on everything but his baby food. He's getting a big personality of his own... outgoing and loud. Very surprising, I know. ;0)

Our plants are surviving - I think. I'll just keep watering them and if they flower I'll consider myself a success at all this year with the dirt. Thanks too, to my Gpa for his spearlike thing I got to use.

Whew! that's an update of things. Hopefully I'll be writing more often, but yaknow- motherhood calls!

No comments: