Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bring it!

I am #1 thankful for Calleen out here for helping me do these chairs, I could NOT have done it without her. I found cute fabric in #2 thanks to Laura for inspiring me, and for 1.00/yd no less!! I bought plastic then-yes, the PLASTIC that I swore would never be on my chairs because I could handle it..... Well. I was wrong. I bought new chairs that came with white slipcovers. Easy enough, I thought- I'll just bleach it and stuff to get stains out. Well- I was wrong, again. The kids hands would touch everywhere before I could take care of one spot. Almost like "don't touch... here? here? oh. maybe here?" SO, I became greatly embarrassed by these things. With family coming out, I was not about to be shown a fool. So, I bought this fabric, and in ONE DAY - thanks to Calleen and our determination finished the four dining chairs. And, I have enough fabric and plastic to do the other two when the moment calls for it. But, one is not even put together yet-we're waiting for expansion in our family. And, the other is in the forbidden to get into guest room. I think they're safe for the meantime. Plus, out of the deal, Caleen made homemade peach ice cream. Couldnt think of anything more rewarding. What a great job we all did!! So now, when the food gets a movin' away from the table, I'm saying, "BRING IT!"

No comments: