Thursday, April 3, 2008


Easter ended up being a fun time, although it was tiring. It was exciting to do the things I remember as a kid.. dying eggs, easter egg
hunts, and things like that. Last year I'd gotten fancy dye with sparkles. I learned a lesson of simplicity is better when it comes to easter eggs. This year, we dyed and used disney stickers to decorate. I know the kids had a blast. Chloe waited all week to dye the eggs, and honestly it went by almost too fast for me. They were so ambitious, but we had order, and efficiency. Two words I've become to say a lot lately. We did the egg dying before they went to bed Friday, had the Easter Bunny come Saturday, and just relaxed on Sunday. I think it was the first time Brian got to dye eggs with the kids too. Chloe and Eva ate candy all Saturday morning, - we didnt give them too much in their baskets. They also got bubbles and go fish and snap cards, and things like that more than candy. We also gave the movie Enchanted as the Easter present. They looove the movie. I aimed for the public easter egg hunts but were 10 min late, so we just gave up. I persisted at home to do an egg hunt, and you know what? They had a completely fun time, with no kids pushing them-although Eva did learn the importance of running to the egg and not making a casual walk.
They hid the eggs all over until they were pretty much all cracked. So, well used, and well appreciated!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!! Glad you had a happy Easter! And Kiddo's been happily narrating "Tow-ee" and "Ee-ah" and "Uh Baan" pictures! (That would be translated as "Chloe" and "Eva" and "Uncle Brian" ;-). Good idea to simplify, too! :-) Love you!!!

Kirk said...

You're doing a very nice job with chronicling things! It makes it fun to keep up -- I do have one suggestion, though. Due to the nature of "all-things-web-ish", you might want to consider not using real, actual names and specific places in your blog. The pictures are *so* cute, and the stories *so* alive, that I wouldn't change what you do, only conceal the identities some - just in case! :)

Keep up the great work! Love, MOM