Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1,2,3-SNAP!



Maybe it was all the rough necked Harley Davidson riders in Laughlin for the River Run, or maybe it was the absolute satisfaction I had from a Denny's ( the fabulous french toast with biscuits and gravy) breakfast. Maybe it was the fact that I had Brian all to 'myself' that day, or that the girls were behaving like angels or that I'd found some clothes that fit me just wonderfully AND were 50% off. Whatever it was that led me to the climb, when our family passed Claire's in the mall, I looked at B to see if he was thinking what I was thinking.
The girls, especially Chloe have been excited to get their ears pierced lately. Chloe even asked B a month or so ago, and we really didn't have too much of an objection other than 'she's just young'. After much contemplation we decided we were totally opposed to it, so if it was something she wanted so bad, we could indulge her on this. Eva is always keeping track of her shoes, my earrings and has a very keen memory of where things are - helping everyone in the family when we are scatterbrained. (if you know our family you know what a blessing this keen memory is)
So, we pulled into the shop, where the two girls just went bizerk with all the 'girly' stuff at their little fingertips. I talked to the piercer and found out that earrings are much more expensive than I remembered them being. B and I asked Eva if she wanted earrings in her ears, to which she gladly squealed "yes!" B asked Chloe if she wanted to have 'A needle stick through your ear and make a hole in your ear...' She wasn't so sure about that. When I asked her if she wanted to get earrings in her ears, she said she didn't want her ears pierced. But, knowing how apprehensive she is even if she wants something, we decided to do them both together. The two piercers had piercings of every kind, and it gave me comfort (those people have to know above others how important personal hygiene is, don't they?)
And - B held Chloe and 'snap' she blinked and it was done. Then, she felt so grown up she started looking at all the earrings she can wear when this 6wk period is over, and held her own pink bag of ear care solution. SO GROWN UP! I am not ready for that, but it is happening anyways.
And - B held Eva and 'snap' she turned red eyed and angry, but didnt cry. This was totally opposite of what I expected- either screaming or happiness, but she was just angry. She wouldn't eat and moaned for the next 2 hours until daddy pushed her on the swing at the park for an hour. She finally forgave us, well- at least him.
They are totally happy with their earrings now, and they sparkle every time they move, reminding me of the tension that I had watching this whole episode unfold. Eva hides her ears and runs when she sees the cleaning solution, but it's all just a 'no touch' idea-not for pain that she runs. Chloe will get out the supplies and stand on her stool to watch herself in the mirror.
They are getting so big, and I just don't know what I'm going to do to help 'let them grow up' on their own. But here are the two diva's in their ear-pierced glory!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! Such beautiful, sparkly little ladies! :-) Give them hugs for being so brave! :-)

Laura said...

You are a brave one. I don't think that I could do two girls at one time. Have fun!

Ann said...

wow! very cute1