Monday, August 4, 2008

Little Funnies

A while ago we drove B to work, and as we're driving away, Chloe asks me ''Do you know why we can't go into daddy's work?" Having talked about this, (safety reasons) I said, "why?" She replies, "Because Kids aren't allowed to help Daddy. Only humans." I must say I chuckled a bit and said, "Interesting..."

Eva commented yesterday, "What are making?" to which I replied "dinner." She says, "Where's the cake?" "What cake?" I said, "We're not making a cake today." "My birthday cake. Is it my birthday?" "no," I said. "Daddy's Birthday?" "no." "Chloe's birthday?" "Your birthday?" No- I said, "It's no one's birthday and we're not having any cake today!" "Bummer!" This comes after two birthday parties last weekend, and two more birthdays this week. You think she's starting to feel like it's a norm to have a birthday all the time?

Upon giving daddy a foot massage the other day, Chloe squints at B's big toe and asks "what's that?" "What's what?" Brian asked. Eva's interest peaked, stops massage 'her' foot and takes his foot in her hands, examines this 'spot' and says in all seriousness, "It doesn't look very good." What was it? A callus. Our little funny Dr. Eva!

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Fun-n-ny! And you *do* know that it is *always* "somebody's" birthday, somewhere!! :)

Eva cracks me up -- I can so see her doing that!

How tall *is* Chloe, now??

Love, MOM