Friday, August 15, 2008

Daddy's to do list...

So - a few of you might know we've had to talk to our girls about boys kissing them lately. Yes, we've had to talk to our 4yr old and our almost 3 yr old about who can and cannot kiss them. After watching a 9 or 10 year old kiss my 4yr old and look at me with anxst realizing he'd been caught, I talked to her about it and the conversation left me with much worry. It went something like this. "I saw the boy kiss you, Chloe" As she shys her head and smiles ear to ear
"How?"
"I SEE EVERYTHING!" I reaffirm *to myself as well as to her
"Did you HEAR him kiss me?" She asks.
That was enough. Brian was going to have to talk to her about this. That was it. And we did.
Eva leaned into Brians face a few days later after a fellow toddler had pulled her shirt up to kiss her belly--I DIDNT see that one, but we'll go on Chloe's word. (Better safe than sorry -We think we'll nip this one in the bud) Brian asks Eva about this and she leans up to his face, grins, and says - " I love *boy*....and ... (as she leans about an inch from his face, super-grins) boys." Brian took a second to ponder that moment, and then asked Chloe to divulge what she had learned not that long ago.
"If we get kissed, we say NO and run to mom and daddy. Then, we tell Daddy."
"And what does Daddy do?" Brian prompts
"Takes care of 'em."
There - enough said. A job well done B! Next- a shotgun!

6 comments:

Just the 7 of us said...

Crazy. We had some fun with Trenton a few months ago with holding girls hands etc. So I know what you mean. But an older 9-10 yr old kissing her that is scary.

Ann said...

Yikes! Sounds like daddy needs a BIIIG gun. :)

Unknown said...

LOL!!! (Yes, I'm back on the computer... had to get a payment made, LOL...) I LOVE that!!! I mean, not the scary part, but the "Daddy takes care of 'em" part!

Perfect. ;-)

jamie said...

LOL funny stuff. i'm glad you got it under control...hopefully!

Mom Richter said...

Ahh- Let the fun begin!

Melissa said...

Haha that's why I didn't want any girls. Oh well, I got one. Daddy not only has LOTS of guns! But he's a cop too. Boys will run from our daughter!