Thursday, August 28, 2008

A tribute to Manzanit-ians...

So. I haven't blogged in a while. Yes, things are getting rather busy this direction with baby coming and all. I faintly saw the nursery all put together the other day.... I faintly saw me actually having three kids the other day with the two girls helping the best they know how. I still cannot believe how much stuff I've just come into owning for this new little boy I have more clothes than I know what to do with right now -- or have storage totes for. I have an entirely 'new' crib set complete with room rug and everything that was just handed over to me by someone. How incredibly awesome. I have been seriously blessed with support from friends out here who are trying to help me figure out how to 'be' out here, and have a baby, and deal with new child jealousy. I know that even though my family is far I've got like 10 people on a ''phone call away from help,'' list. It's like it's another world for us here - one that is working quite well and in many respects is better than what we were in before - it brings peace of mind at times- like now for example B can work 20 min away and earn the money that makes the world go around while people are a couple houses away or a phone call and 5 minutes away or something like that. And I'm able to do things for them too, so I don't feel like I'm just a 'taker' and not a 'user'. I feel like its almost a HUGE campus knowing all these sisters in the area who have and are willing to do so much to help each other out. I appreciate having such good friends out here who are willing to put up with a silly anal retentive person like me. Thanks to all you 'Manzanitians' and others! I seriously COULD NOT have done this well without you.

1 comment:

matt said...

we're glad things are going so well for you guys out there! Sounds like it was a good move for you. :) Good luck with getting ready! :)