Thursday, September 3, 2009

August for us - whew!





Ok - August began slowly - I don't think I've stopped since August 10. We went down to Phoenix in the early morning of the 11th. Eva had an -- I can't even call it really an accident- a purpos-dent of poop in 8am bumper to bumper traffic. Thank heavens for our van with windows that all roll down... poor Chloe who was downwind from that. Thanks for my wonderful husband who took her stinky bum into Target pitched those brand new panties and sniffed out her new skirt to see if it was 'tainted' only to have her completely pee in it as we went across the street AFTER they had just gone potty. Congrats to Chloe who tested into the first grade material and had no hesitations in meeting her new teacher or anyone in the school. She's being challenged, actually having to think now to figure things out. Work.. huh - what a concept! She's doing awesome though, and I'm super happy that she's beginning to love doing home/online school. She's had to kinda skip some of the relaxing activities kindergarten has though- play dough time and stuff. Her teacher is awesome - she's been so incredibly patient with me as I learn how to be the "Learning Coach". We had a side visit to the Phoenix Zoo in the really hot weather. Ya. Hot. Yuck.
Gabe started walking around my birthday. What a wonderful present- on Mother's Day he started crawling. He must be a Mommie's Boy. He's trying to run now and it's almost like a funny dance as he uses his whole body to make each step. He's into hiding his head - or rather dropping it to the floor and playing 'peek-a-boo'. He does this when he feels anyone see's him - shy. Cute little shy boy - beast. He's eating one and a half pbj on top of a 9oz bottle. Tonight he tore up some fish sticks like they were nothing! He had two teeth break through - one on the 23rd and one on the 30th. He's getting some more but I'm not sure where and he's not very open to having me explore his little gums. He loves playing with his sisters and says 'da da da' - and head banging is a new fad with his fav people.
I s'pose I'm about 20weeks. The Dr is trying to get me in for blood work but it feels pointless trying to take all the kids, and then there's dinner - Chloe's school in the am... Always something taking precedence. I think I'll have the boy/girl ultrasound soon. I'm just in no rush for this pregnancy. Maybe it's because I'm not incredibly uncomfortable and have so much other stuff taking up my time right now. I have no preference....just healthy and happy. And on time. :0)
Brian's working with 'work politics' right now- back to a 5 day workweek and soon to be salary- is there any real benefit though? Just more work for a set pay, in my opinion. It's been so long since I've had to think work politics. RS is going- we've got an Enrichment coming up that I'm kinda excited for. We'll see how it goes. B's got some schooling left- feels like forever until it's done, right?
Eva can write her name now, Chloe is adding /carrying digits and learning computer parts when she can buddy up with Daddy.
Gosh - I think that's it. Other than my bday- which I got the Twilight series and a pajamagram for the cozy nights until baby comes. I've also gotten a new cookie sheet, a cheesecake pan, fun socks... I'm really excited about the little things, can't you tell? Seriously - beautiful food and comfortable me... how much better can things get?

1 comment:

Ann said...

sounds like things are going well! :)