Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Boss, The Break

Yesterday we are having dinner and my three year old looks at Brian and after a minute she comments, "You are the husband," and gesturing to me she continues... "And you are the boss." Leave it to Eva....

This morning asking Chloe to make a peanut butter and jelly for her and her sister, she runs off excitedly "OK MOM!!" Upon finding his daughter climbing ledges and getting out food Brian took over and let her make her baby brother's sandwich. She came in to my room upset and sat down on the bed mentioning something about being mad. After talking with her I think she felt that this was her big break into becoming more 'grown up'. I'll have to give her more opportunities like that when it's not situation-induced. It's a mommie moment to realize she truly does like to help out around the house and these opportunities to feel needed, appreciated and loved are not viewed as horrific chores. hm.

For those in Twilight saga- I've gotten to pg 100 in Twilight today. Very different indeed from the movie... same, but different. It's going to be a long night and I have two novels to choose from: "The Time Traveler's Wife" and "Twilight". Hm. Not really a hesitation on this one. Book club can give a little....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Just finished the Time Traveller's Wife today. Loved the story...very clever and gripping, and really got me thinking. didn't love what would be r-rated scenes and language!

Unknown said...

It's a hard read for me so far, and those things sure don't help. But- I'm determined to make it through.