Thursday, October 16, 2008

He has Arrived!

Chloe is sure proud and sooo big now - a big sister 2x
Eva asked "Who's that?" She was really excited to finally see Baby Gabe!

Grandma and Baby Gabriel!


Gabriel in all his glory being 1 day old! Our little Tiger!
Weight: 7 lbs 15 ounces
Length: 20.6 inches
Time: 10.7.08, at 1105pm
Yes, he is now a real live part of our family! All I had to do was travel out of town 90 miles and I went into labor. Three hours later Brian was just getting off work, and I was just passing his exit. My mom was driving (luckily) and was able to drop me off at the medical center and Brian met me there minutes later. I was hooked up to monitors, but not having progressed at all besides the contractions, was signing my discharge papers when Brian and I decided to take our time leaving. We walked around for a little more than 15 minutes or so and were convinced something was happening and it wasn't an option to leave. An hour later I had progressed enough to admit, and was on the way to the getting the ever wonderful epidural! And, three hours or so after that Baby Gabe arrived in 2 pushes!
Of course this was the one evening that I'd actually had quite a bit planned - feeding the missionaries after getting my mom, a grocery trip, and a scripture study class I'd organized.... go figure!
I feel wonderfully blessed to be able to have a healthy baby boy, to have had a safe delivery, and a quick recovery! I know that angels were there to give me strength while he was growing, to help him arrive, and that they gave me strength that day. It was a miraculous experience for Brian and I. We are so grateful to have this little stud in our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Love you! :-) *hugs around*

jamie said...

so cute and born on james' bday!