Monday, October 20, 2008

The House Now...

It's definitely a different dynamic with a third - and a new baby at that. Eva has taken on the whole idea that if she's in trouble she'll run to Gabe, kiss him and say "I love Baby Gabe." It's not working-don't worry. She is a great big sister though. She's the first to rock him, get his binki or anything else. She always wants to see his face to see how he's reacting and can't give enough hugs to him. Chloe is working on being so grown up about the whole thing. "All he does is scream and sleep," she told her uncle. She's a big helper for me though - the more dependable errand runner of the two. She loves to hold him, and sing to him. She tries to talk about him with a grown up attitude... she certainly is feeling like an adult.
The one thing that is hard is sharing the attention. Chloe is extremely high maintenance, so she's feeling that the most I expect. We've created *again* mommy & me time. Chloe is very anal about her time with me... and is sure to get it every day. It's a good thing though, because I honestly forget and I feeel as though I've spent time with her already, until I think about it. Chloe keeps me all to herself with her 15 min and Eva doesn't care at all if Chloe jumps in to her 15 min. Today Chloe and I had massage time. I gave her a massge - something I haven't done in a year or so -officially. She almost fell asleep, it was so cute! Eva wanted one and then forgot about it. Gabe loved his massage today too. I started trying to read to the girls more one on one and talk to them more while I'm nursing...
New things, new techniques and new ideas. If you have suggestions, I'd love to read 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on your new little one! Aren't boys fun! Sounds like you have great little helpers in your house!