Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finding Jesus, and patience!

#1 I had to post this to remember this funny moment in time:

My oldest daughter was overheard yesterday evening exclaiming,
"Oh! I found Jesus! I've been looking for him all day!"

She had a picture of Jesus given to her at church from a teacher and had apparently 'lost' it and had been looking for it all day long. She had 'much rejoicing' when she found Him.

I just thought that was noteworthy... my daughter found Jesus yesterday.

#2 And my younger daughter after having an FHE lesson about praying and how we can pray, who we pray to, etc., said a heartfelt prayer afterward, blessing lots and thanking lots. In the middle of the prayer somewhere she decides to say- (can't imagine where she got this phrase from), "And please bless Jesus, and help Him to have patience." Well, I look at it positively: a. she's listening to my prayers and b. she really feels like Jesus is a person just like us. Maybe He could use blessings.. I'd never thought of that before.

Children are life's best teachers, I think. I love them for their sweet and pure views of life. I wish I could pretend that life was like that, sometimes... but then again I've worked hard on not being the stereotypical naive blonde small town girl. Sometimes it shows better than others!

2 comments:

Ann said...

LOL :) that's pretty cute :)

Unknown said...

LOL! Cute!!! Sometimes I almost want to pray for the Lord to exercise LESS patience, LOL... but then I remember He's patient with *me*, too, LOL!