Thursday, February 12, 2009

Little G at 4 mo!

Here are the stats of my little homie G.... at his 4 mo checkup:

13 lbs
23 3/4 inches long
Peach fuzzy hair everywhere except the back of his neck, where the longer blond hairs poke over his shirt collars.

I was so happy to hear that he is gaining all this weight. Three weeks prior we were in the hospital and he was just a tad over 10lbs. It's amazing what happens when they are actually eating (I've pretty much stopped nursing because he was getting really really really dehydrated from not getting enough. I tried, though- I really did!, so no I shoulda thoughts about this decision. )
His favorite things are looking at the girls playing the Wii (they're very animated) and snuggling with his mama. (insert warm fuzzy here) He loves to be spoken to by the other man in the house, of course, but daddy's attention is a lot harder to ascertain for any amount of time than moms.
He's got a routine down... 130, 430, 630am feedings and then every few hours throughout the day. We've started cereal, and he's tried lots of foods. I think his favorites are banana's and sweet potatoes. We'll start the green veggies and try apples again next week.
The girls love it when they can give him a spoonful or two of food. They love to hold him and do rhyme's with him, tuck him in... anything to do to play mommie for a moment. In a minute or two, however, they are more than ready to give me back the reigns as mother of the house.
Daddy loves to make him laugh, and help him to grow up - while I love to cuddle and snuggle him to keep him my baby boy as long as he'll let me.
I am so happy we're a happy and mostly functional family!!

No comments: