Sunday, February 8, 2009

6 Years!!


Happy Anniversary to Us!
I still remember feeling like I was about to pass out walking down the halls of our church getting ready to do a small but purposeful walk across the front of the chapel to my then fiance Brian where we concreted our love and devotion for each other. I remember my father pulling me along faster as I tried so desperately for that walk down the isle that i was told, "would not happen'', the shock of B's family members from the fastest wedding they had ever attended in their life, my cheeks hurting from smiling so bad and yet my head whirling because I had never pictured getting married in the chapel. It was always the temple. The Mesa temple.... we did eventually get sealed in the Columbus temple about a year later. My picture here captures my head over heels happiness and 'la la la' attitude. We were so young, so.... young. Our bishop gave us a 1 in 10 chance of surviving five years, if I remember correctly. That's thinking positive, right?
Well, After 6 years, we've been through a lot. We've changed a lot. And, B is my wonderfully supportive hubby! Oh boy, do I love him! I think we've come to a lull- a positive one- in our marriage and I LOVE IT! After moving, um... 8 times I think?, in the 6 years, having 3 kids, changing jobs a lot, starting a business, leaving that business I worked so hard for behind in Ohio, and growing together in a way we would have never done in Ohio, we are not even done yet! There's so much more to come, and it's exciting to me. The first year? It took forever. I realized B was a person... socks wedged in the bed covers, computers and computers, chewing where I could 'suddenly' hear him, and oh ya... realizing that boys really do spend a lot of time in the bathroom (hence the jokes). I was a little frightened about what was to come. The odds were against us, and we've CONQUERED! Now I love all the little things that make B, B! What 's better is that he loves me for all my faults, quirks and stuff. I had convinced him before we got married that I was a princess and that "princesses don't poo" Luck would have it that I ended up getting food poisoning right after we got married. That 'cute' lie I said was abruptly put to an end. Then, pregnancy... he still loves me after all that! In fact, he's loved me through it all!
I gave him a storybook of our love today. He still gives me the chills, butterflies, whatever you call it... he's GOT ME! I'm so glad we've been able to make our marriage finer with time. That's the art, right? Like fine wine. I'm so excited for that day when we can try to chase each other around with our walkers someday! How fun! For all eternity, I love him! *sniff*
Funny things we've gone through:
#1 I got sick once and clogged every drain we had in our house while peeing on his foot (this is separate from the food poisoning)
#2 We drove across country with all we owned. I can see it clearly: Brian's hand oustide the window rain or shine December 21st helping to hold our mattress to the Ford Taurus (tied down with a couple straps). We had walkie talkies to communicate so we could pull over to readjust the mattress... again, and again, and again. I was 6 mo. pregnant crammed into our 2 dr. Honda Civic.
#3 Our honeymoon was at a resort. We were given a cabin to stay in for a couple nights I think. I said, "Wow! Look how big this is. We should have a party!" We spent the entire honeymoon driving to and from my moms... I cannot remember why.
#4 Hearing Brian say, "Whose poop is this in the toilet?" and when no confessions were made, having me say, "If it's like this, it's Chloe's and if it's like this, it's Eva's". You know your a mom when.... moment.
#5 I made him ask me to marry him... 3 times. I lost the engagement ring he worked hard to earn. Each time was meant to be more romantic or memorable... only to have it completely the opposite. The third time he asked me was at Don Pablo's while a 21 year old was being sung to while women were throwing tampons around. One landed on the table while he was preparing for 'the question'. Ya.
#6 Pre-marriage: mooning, kissing, walking, dancing, proms
#7 Brian was angry, reversed over my parents big rock in the driveway specifically placed so that drivers could avoid danger... who could miss a big rock? Brian. The gas tank ripped open and leaked out the tank of gas... he got so angry he kicked the 'dumb' rock, and therefore fracturing his ankle where he had to wear a walking cast... all in front of my parents. I bet they were impressed.
*8 Our car was written on with lipstick that showed up "Just Married!" Anytime it rained, people would look, smile and honk! We would be wearing pajamas, jeans... I wonder if they wondered if we really had 'just' gotten married.
Ahh.... time is moving on and B is waiting for me. I'm gone!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ann said...

ahhhh...the rock :( I doubt anyone will drive past it without thinking of Brian. :)

Happy Anniversary! Hooray!! :) Love ya!

jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS, you guys are still newlyweds, :)

Unknown said...

What a fun post! I love the rock story, too... and that you can "suddenly" magically hear chewing, etc. once you're married, LOL! Growing together... definitely a good thing. :-)