Sunday, June 15, 2008

Apricot Jam!

Here we are getting ready... it was a Chloe and Mommy time-thing. Everyone else was napping. Someone we know has an apricot tree - we're actually moving right down the block from them. This was a wonderful treat for me, because I'm trying to learn to be so food-storage saavy out here in ye-old-desert. I've done strawberry jam, ground wheat and all sorts of yummies to go inside with the bread, chicken / beef, and now we're off to the land of apricots and fruits for the summer I think!!
This is what we started with... It was really fun getting Chloe used to the goo and squish of everything. She got the hang of it really quick, and I had a lot of fun with her, while being efficient. And if anyone knows me, I'm all about being efficient. We chatted and talked, Molly the cat jumped up and watched for a minute or two, and then..............
The kids went to bed so I could do the real intensive part..... 22 cans and 4 hours later, I was done. Needless to say, my ankles are cankles for today. Ah well, a fun thing to do, and man- I can't WAIT until I have an apricot tree of our own... can you imagine!?

Posted by Picasa