Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Zoo!!

How could I have visited Ohio and not have gone to the zoo? We actually made it two days before my membership expired. I'm all for the zoo though. We used to live 10 minutes from it, and went all the time. I never took any pictures because we were there all the time. This time, I was a definite tourist, taking pictures upon pictures. I had such a good time with my g/f while we kept our kids happy and together. She was a saint too- leaving me the stroller to push the kids back to our car instead of walking. The weather was perfect- 80, sunny and windy. Perfection!
Chloe and her friend were so serious about where they were going to next. Note the hand holding in addition to the map sharing. This told me how much the girls missed each other while we have been in AZ! They couldn't get enough of each other, and it made for a wonderful visit! They ran together like - well, better than, sisters and I'm so grateful for the bond that they've shared.
At times during our zoo visit the girls would all line up like ducks along the fence and you would see all these little bums hip to hip. It was a cute picture to see them all peer into the exhibits with such excitement!
Later in the day the girls and I went to the Africa section and hopped on the carousel. Eva smiled from ear to ear the whole time, while Chloe... welll, this look and her white-knuckled posture didnt change the entire time. She really wanted the giraffe, but I convinced her to get on the rhino, that moved up and down. Eva's moved too, but she's such a thrill seeker it didn't phase her at all. Sweet things, and I can't get over how different they truly are! Chloe named her Rhioceros, Rhino, and Eva named her Gazelle, Gazelle. Creative spirits, yes?!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: