Wednesday, June 25, 2008

He Did It!!!

This last weekend we went down to Phoenix so I could watch B graduate! His mom flew out for the big event and boy was it FUN! Things just kept changing my plans, and if you know me you know I despise a change in plans. And it was because of me. The ultrasound tech told me to pretty much take it easy. *pshaw!* I was so frustrated when I actually started feeling like I needed to take it easy this last weekend. So, the Phoenix zoo was out- we had a whole day to spend in 113 degree heat, trying to keep the kids hydrated, me sitting down, and I wanted to use this trip to the n'th degree as a fun thing for B's mom. She braved the heat with us- Bravo for NANA! B looked so handsome in his little cap and gown. It was a rather small group of graduates, which surprised us - but I think most people were in the same boat B was - I'll just get my degree in the mail. I was so glad to have Mom #2 out there with the girls getting so wiggly and "I have to potty" throughout the ceremony. Then, people were standing in my way for pictures so I grabbed what I could as the lady read aloud, "Mr. Brian Anthony Rich-ter. Suma Kum Laude. " ooooo!!! Regardless of the name butcher-- he DID IT! I think it started hitting him what a great job he did Afterwards we went to the Rainforest Cafe at the big mall there and even celebrated with their volcano cake thing.. it was delicious and our waitor was magical! Then, I celebrated a little more with a stop at the Childrens Place where I got 5 long sleeve button-down shirts and a pair of jean overalls for baby Gabe for 2.99, each!! Of course, I saw a white sleeve shirt, and forgot it in the midst of my spontaneous mini-splurge. I've looked everywhere and cannot find them for that price! BUMMER!

2 comments:

Just the 7 of us said...

Jessica I love the blog. Ours is azlabrumd.blogspot.com. I love blogging.

Ann said...

congrats :)