Sunday, June 15, 2008

La-da-da-dee-da-da *the graduation song*

We are soo excited! Brian finished his schoolwork yesterday and is officially DONE with his Bachelors Degree!!! I'm so proud of the dedication he has shown in his school work, and not only that- with the balancing of marriage, family, work, religion, and school. He sets such a good example for our daughters, and I hope they remember how much daddy did with them during school. He would have them push a button here or there, and taught Chloe all about CD-ROMS and RAM, etc. They love helping daddy with schoolwork. In fact, they now have their own ''homework'', and if I'm bothering them, they will tell me, "In a minute. I'm doing my homework." Sometimes, they even ask me for something for homework. I find it amusing, because we have school at home, and on top of that, they're asking for homework. Where does that love end? Brian has sacrificed a lot to be able to complete this degree. He is so selfless he wanted to just have a degree mailed to him and go out to dinner as a family, but he's married to me... soooo.... we're going to Phoenix and he's going to wear the official cap/gown ensemble and do the whole whoop-dee thing. He's going to be treated like a graduate, and he'll be respected like the extreme scholar for one day! At one point, he's held 3 jobs to held manage bills, with 2 toddlers to babysit while I compensated with my income as well-hardly seeing each other, and a full time schedule at an accelerated rate! He's graduating with a Suma Cum Laude to boot! How handsome those cords are going to look around his neck.. I know I'll be bawling, for sure as he goes down the isle. I'll be lucky to have his mom there to help keep me from being ridiculously embarassing. It's been crazy for us at times, and I'll admit I've been slow to let him take the reigns on things, but the end has come... at least for right now. He'll be going to graduate school where he'll be taking online classes for another year- and receive his Masters. I'm so proud of my hubby. Happy Father's Day and Congratulations my ETERNAL LOVE!

1 comment:

Dreierpartyof six said...

A big huge Hooray for Brian! We are proud of him!
love,
US