Saturday, November 15, 2008

No it's not Halloween anymore...but,

Chloe was down to the last bits of her birthday gifted makeup tray and having run out of the lip gloss, she decided to use the eyeshadow creme as a lipgloss, and a blush, and.... well - face paint practically.... Although after taking this picture watching her apply more makeup, I mentioned "Chloe, be careful ok? It's not meant to be all over your face-paint, yaknow?" (in the most gentle voice I could do) and she immediately got a wet hand towel and started wiping it off with a frown.
" Why are you cleaning it off? You look so serious.... and sad."
" Because you said you don't like it, and it's not supposed to be like paint."
*DOH*
We talked about no matter what our faces look like or what makeup we have in the drawer, the prettiest things on their faces is their smile. I just hope they believe me. I know I didn't believe my parents growing up- they were obligated to tell me I was beautiful.
And Eva only just having turned 3 has not been allowed to apply her own makeup. I was leaning on Chloe's, um, discretion to apply makeup sparingly. Chloe was pretty proud of her creation and her own face...
They certainly looked like some Barbie dolls or somethin', eh?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: