Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Once Upon a Time...

Tonight as B was putting the girls into bed, after a hectic evening and many 'discussions' with our kids, this is the story he put them to bed with.
"Once upon a time there were two little girls. They were so very beautiful. They were so smart because they earned their money and saved it in their piggy banks and left the money in them, in mom and dads room. And they were gonna have sweet dreams. One was going to dream about Meg and ponies and the other was, uh, unicorns. Rainbow colored unicorns. And they were so excited to have their dreams that they went to sleep right away and were so very quiet..." That was all I could hear, but I bet the rest of it was just as good. Can you tell we talked about money and saving?
While I was listening I was snuggling a cozy little baby boy. I thought about how grateful I am for my family, my husband, and how lucky we are to have such healthy wonderful children. I thought about how glad I am that I'm sealed to Brian for eternity- a blessing sometimes forgotten ;0). I thought about our home, and our adventures here in Kingman, and all the fun we've not even had yet. I look forward to those times. And then I thought about Thanksgiving, and all the things I have been given on this earth. I feel rich with love- sometimes more than others it's bursting from our houses 'seams' out here, and I love that feeling!
In my Relief Society meeting tonight the president brought up a few scriptures about peace. The Lord says he brings peace unto the righteous not as the world gives us, but his own kind of peace. Christ is the Prince of Peace, not the author of chaos. If we are doing what we should: food storage, saving money, getting out of debt, obeying the good 'ol 10 commandments, we should be able to feel at peace. And it's true. Here's my story before I go to bed...
"Once there was a family who lived in a city called Kingman. They were a wonderfully happy and righteous family. They were so smart, they followed the prophets' teachings and showed their love for each other very much. One gave the other massages after a long day, another worked for the family all day to provide, another cooked the meals and cared for the children, another wiped tears away and gave a shoulder to cry on... and yet another, though very very small gave the others an opportunity to remember what simple things we should appreciate. We felt so fufilled in our lives, that we showed love not just to ourselves, but to others as well. And this brought them a peacefull feeling in their hearts for the rest of thier lives."
Goodnight.

No comments: