Saturday, September 20, 2008

Me? Stressed?

What is sooo wrong with this picture? A completely stressed out massage therapist. Right..?? I think I am such a good massage therapist actually BECAUSE I can't do stress well. I thrive on relaxation and cleansing, and the whole bit! I just can't ever to remember to take care of myself while I'm helping those around me. The last little while, sooo much has happened in our family - near and far, within my nuclear family, and myself. And at the same time so much is NOT happening like I would like it to, and yet at the SAME time I have so much YET to 'come to pass'. Stress has just accumulated without resolve, I suppose. So, realizing sadly in the last few days that it will literally destroy me if I just 'keep on truckin' I'm trying to let go....
Yesterday, I got my hair highlights touched up because I wasn't completely satisfied, and it went splendidly. Then, Brian took me out to dinner- and I got my favorite meal (French Toast)-- high maintenance there, right? It went wonderfully.. And, I didn't even touch the kitchen sink. Just made sure the dishes got to the sink and rinsed.
And today - hubby actually got the initiative to clean up the garage.. it is far from finished, but he worked so hard on it today. Things got done today - and I didn't have to stress. It was almost happening more easily than when I'm 'in charge'. Wierd. But WONDERFUL!! We even made it out to see the horses we used to live next door to. They are moving, and we went to say our goodbye's to the horsies. Eva will miss them a lot because she repeatedly wants to dream of "Meg"- the owner of all the horses. I got the baby bassinet put together, the guest bed put together, Gabe's clothes hung up and put away in his new closet/diaper changing table... and the rest of the house stayed put together. The kids hardly touched their toys today because they wanted to help with cleaning and organizing so much. SWEEET! I'm still trying to push things into the day - like this blog- but I think I'm getting more relaxed. I think. Of course how many of you have told me to relax in the last while - and I really did? I thought I was, but apparently- there is much work to be done on this little wondergirl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*Deep Cleansing Breaths* :-)

So happy you're feeling productive and great! :-) Remember scriptures & prayer - those are the biggest way to restore sanity. Also, Ann's yoga videos. (After kids are in bed, so you can focus! ;-)

Love you! :-)