Monday, September 22, 2008

Ok, I'll Admit this ONE thing...

Ok. So this morning at 4am I finally admitted to myself that sleep was definitely going to be an overrated thing for me today. I got up, and just started my day. Unloaded some dishes, and loaded another load of dishes while contemplating how people are supposed to get these bursts of energy. To me, I love to clean because it de-stresses me. I wiped down counters, started a new load of laundry, and took back some laundry I'd done, to our bedroom. Seeing the dresser in its location (one side of the closet) reminded me I wanted it to be moved to the other side of the closet so we could put the bassinet in there for a little while. "Well, I can do that," I thought. I started organizing drawers as I removed them, cleaning up tossed shoes and billions of wire hangers B brings home from work. Then, I moved the dresser. "Well, this might be considered nesting but it's more like something that just needed to get done," I said to myself. Mind you its 430 in the morning right now, and Brian is hitting the snooze TRYING to sleep through all of this and calling for me to come to bed. "I just can't sleep." I reassured him. So, off I go, scooting the dresser, turning it around (this is all done in this immense hallway called our walk in closet) and scooting it into place. It felt great! That undone 'thing' had bothered me every time I had put clothes away. Now, the bassinet could be on one side, and all of our stuff on the other. Happiness. Right? Not quite. Brian had given up by this time and just getting out the shower, ready to head into work early today. (I wonder why? lol) I gathered together clothes for him so he could just get dressed SO smoothly, peeked in and said cheerfully, "Happy first day of fall and GOOD MORNING!" I can't recall his reaction, but I know he wasn't as excited about life right then as I was. It's 5am now, and what do I do? The only thing that makes sense to me as I know it right now. Finish the closet job by putting the bassinet in there. First, I have to vacuum the floor because of course ' who would want to clean something ONLY half way? This floor hadn't been vacuumed because it was covered by the dresser. Just think of the nasty things that could be in this carpet. ' So, I spray it down with some oil called Thieves from Young Living, and then ran to the closet and got WHAT out? THE VACUUM. Passing the girls room, I thought- "Ok. So, maybe I'm a little energetic and nesty this morning. What ELSE is there do though?" Until I turned on the vacuum and anal retentively cleaned that closet, I thought it was normal. Then, I passed the girls quiet room and dragged out the bassinet from the baby room - dragged it all the way through the house into the closet. Set it into place with big wide excited eyes and stood back to admire the sheer beauty of a job well done. Coming upon my acceptance of being a crazy prego this morning, I mentioned this mornings thoughts to B who said, "HECK YA, YOU'RE NESTING!! Just tell me now. Is this baby coming today or WHAT?" I chuckled a little bit. On top of all this, the poor guy was being gassed out by whatever I ate (not to gross anyone out but if you've been pregnant you know how this goes). I hesitate to think of what tonight might bring. A cleaned out garage or something? How crazy! LOL. I'll have to post a pic of this for keepsakes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the first day of Fall? Huh - cool!

And boy... yeah, you're good to go, LOL! Happy nesting! ;-)

Dreierpartyof six said...

Umm...You are Ssssoooo Nesting! I am proud of your cleaning! LOL! However, Momma bird Do not overdue it!

jamie said...

i feel for ya jessica. happy cleaning but easy does it!