Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Birds and an Angry Preggy

Well, our family has GOT it... so steer clear of our house. This is the flu. The nasty, nasty GI bug that's apparently sweeping through Kingman right now. It has no pre-puke symptoms except lack of appetite and energy. Although, if any of you have little kids, the lack of energy comes quite obviously but after the first puke, they (of course) think they're better and start running around like yahoo-ligans. Eva got sick just as we were ready to go out to eat even though a babysitter didn't pan out for tonight. Then, Chloe got sick as Eva was getting out of the tub. At least they can be quiet for each other with ease. They're both sleeping as I type, and have been for a while. Poor Chloe could hardly hold herself up d/t fatigue while she was getting sick. Eva just coughed up a little bit and is looking hardly touched again. Two birds with one stone and we might just clear the house by the time my mom gets out here. Whew.
On to why we were ready to risk taking tired kids out to eat with us.... My OB appt today was more than frustrating. I get there 5 min before my appt. Someone else got there right before, seeing the same Dr, with an appt 15 min after me. Who got called back first? SHE DID. I was called back 5 min after her appointment would have been. INTERESTING. Then, the nurse decided to walk me all the way back to the room, passing scale and restroom, so I could ''set my things down" before turning around and retracing steps to use the restroom- (my little teeny purse was really weighing me down... pickin' up what I'm puttin down? ) I'm not even going to go into how clean/not clean I've felt in these bathrooms. After I do my thing there, the nurse makes me move my huuuuge purse so we can go across the hallway (apparently the room hadn't' been vacated when she wanted to place me there before) . "You look tired," she said as she slides the scale up and up and... up. Then, I actually got a reading on my blood pressure this time (last time she ignored me and just left the room-with my chart). "Down to my waist". That's it. Great... these things are hardly big enough to cover any real pregnant person I dare say. At least they could point my tush away from the opening door so I can watch them come in from a different angle than thinking, "Hey, hope you don't mind seeing a little bum today". Then, Dr said I could be delivering closer to the 16th of October. I'm only dialated to "maybe a 1" as versus "not really dialated" last week from the other Dr.. ( I love this practices specifics- REALLY. C'MON!) If these Dr's looked at my records *they refuse to request them and the other practice refuses to give them without specific request from my practice* they would realize that's something my body almost refuses to do. My words alone are hardly taken with any seriousness. The Dr's have made it clear that "each pregnancy is different". Uh-huh. To a point. Then, apparently two appointments in a week and you've progressed two weeks! Next week is supposed to be a 38 week appointment which I had today, so next week is 39... But- yet I'm on track for the 16th of October, as well as the range they gave me from the 10-16th. AND, the lady refused to schedule me on my actual 39th week b/c of "Dr's orders" although he is not even going to be there and apparently it was "really tough getting me on the schedule." I'll make it easy on them. Cancel the darned appointment, give me my records, and I'll see some OB in the L and D room. Oh..... the emotional roller coaster. I was looking forward to an evening to just be with my hubby, (see last post) before I'm home bound for a while with a newborn on my um... hip.
And on top of two birds sick with the flu, and me angry and hormonal, poor B. Poor Poor B. I have not stopped getting little pings to big pings of contractions for almost 3 hours now and haven't been able to feel uncrampy all day. Back rub, hun?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*deep cleansing breaths*

Sorry to hear your day's been so cruddy; don't take the appt. stuff personally, though - it just happens. And if nothing else, you can pick your OWN dr. next time :-).

Hope you're done soon! :-)